Friday, December 13, 2013

MOMA



Title: history of the main complaint
Artist: William Kentridge
Date: 1996
Medium: 35mm film transferred to video (color, sound). 5:50 min

This piece attracts me because of the medium the artist used; it displays some texture, and has a lot of detail while displaying almost as if it’s a very rough drawing. The eyes in the mirror caught my attention the most. I really like the faded piece on the right side, It may be something I would like to incorporate with my next painting.

    


Titile: Self Portrait
Artist: Chuck Close
Date: 1997
Medium: Oil on Canvas
Dimensions: 8’ 6” x 7’


I like that this painting looks very pixelated by joining images and colours together to form a portrait.  It looks like there are squares with different shapes and colours in them.



Title: Tanya as Bandit
Artist: Candy Noland
Medium: Silkscreen ink on aluminum, and bandana
Dimensions: 72 x 24 x 3/8”

I like the medium that they used to be creative. I also like that it looks like it came out of a comic book. This style of art may be something I would want to explore more in.  There is also writing at the bottom of the piece that works well with the over all finish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment